Saturday, February 2, 2008

Bring on the Crunk!

Today, dear friends, marks a landmark occasion in the short yet eventful history of "Ramblings of the Self-Important", because today I come to you live from the Taylor household. This past evening, Arshad Yaqub Taylor (most of you know him and if you don't, I pity your existence) played host to a supremely awesome B.Y.O.B. party.

The festivities began at around 7. The libations flowed, the music played and the Gods of inebriation smiled down upon us. As one of the few sober (read super-cool) people at pretty much every party, I normally keep myself occupied with a little game I like to call Talking-to-the-Drunk-People. Today, however, was different. Today, an extremely boisterous Nambi D. left us all thoroughly entertained (and also slightly disturbed) with his incessant discussions about faeces.

Don't ask.

Ever.

Also, during the party, my demigod status was affirmed when the following questions were put to me... "Akaash. How do you manage to stay so cool? What's the secret to your good looks? How do I become more like you?" To which I replied, "Well, Arshad, it's a gift. One that can only be obtained from hundreds of hours of comic-book reading."

It's 2 in the morning right now. Needless to say, everyone is pretty much OUT. Apart from me, Arshad is the only one awake, despite his efforts to wake the others up and get them to help him finish the alcohol.

Yep. Tonight was great and the history books might even refer to it as "bitchin'".

2 comments:

Soundarya said...

You the man!
Cheers(with any non-alcoholic drink ofcourse)

Akaash Patnaik said...

Thanks *hic*...