Thursday, January 17, 2008

Shoot 'em Up! Badass or Totally Badass?

I watched Shoot 'em Up yesterday and if you were to ask me, "Akaash. Is Shoot 'em Up the most badass movie ever?" I would answer, "Yes!" right after I hand your ass a beat-down for doubting the movie.

It would be impossible to summarise the awesomeness of this work of art in a single blog post but just to give you an idea, let me try and do justice to the opening sequence.

The movie starts off with a gunfight in which a gunman, played by Clive Owen (who, I suspect, might just be God's representative for Badass-ness on Earth), takes on a whole bunch of henchmen, single-handedly, while helping a woman deliver a friggin' baby. Oh and did I mention, he actually kills one of the goons with a f*@#ing carrot.

And that's not even the highlight of the movie.

Other super-rad moments include:
- A gunfight in which Clive Owen owns a bunch of goons while making love to a hooker.
- A gunfight in which Clive Owen owns a bunch of goons in a firearms factory
- A gunfight in which Clive Owen owns a bunch of goons while free-falling from an airplane.
- A gunfight in which Clive Owen owns a bunch of goons by firing bullets without a gun (not kidding).
- This line:
Smith (Clive Owen): I'm a British nanny and I'm dangerous.

If that wasn't enough to convince you of the radness of this movie, then you are completely retarded.

2 comments:

Soundarya said...

Haha.
Ive heard so much about this movie..Its a good thing you watched it at home. Mink paid a lotta money to watch that in PVR i think. Hehe..
In a way, the next time someone says only Rajnikant movies can have unimaginable stunts..you can always beg to differ with this one. :)

Akaash Patnaik said...

I cannot, nay shall not disrespect the awesomeness that is Rajnikant.

But this movie is just in a league of it's own. Watch it...